Saturday, October 19, 2013

Nioxin Diamax First Impression


I have been subscribed to Glossybox for awhile now and have never done a full review on one single product in any of my boxes. When I get my box there is always some brand I have never heard of and with not that many blogger reviews talking about the product. So when I got a hair thickener I had never even
heard of in my entire life I naturally wanted to research it. All I have found were the quick reviews and all over the place. Having everything all spread out about a product really irks me, so why wouldn't it irk someone else? So here I am trying my best to have all the info you need in this one place.

And here is my hair profile:
My hair is medium length, the hair is thin but I have a lot of it and damaged from using permanent dye and over washing. I also had a dry scalp from the over washing but now that I wash my hair every other day and the flakes have reduced and it doesn't look like snow on my shoulders anymore. Another way I have been helping to get rid of the flakes is reducing the amount of alcohol based products in my regimen. I do occasionally blow dry my hair but I mostly have been air drying during this past summer to reduce any drying effects. I do also need a trim because it has been months since my last one and I have split ends than I know what to do with. 

The claims for the on their website are that it helps thicken the strands, make it fuller and more manageable and strengthen it against breakage. With my hair being thin but more than enough of it wouldn't that make my hair less manageable? I can barely get a pony tail right without a mirror so I don't think I would be able to really handle MORE of what I already have. Manageability? I just need someone to give me tips and tricks to do my hair right because I am really hopeless in the hair department. I mean honestly I was happy to get a topsy tail  so I can do something more than a ponytail or bun. Anti-breakage? I feel split ends are a natural occurrence and it just means you need a trim and a hot oil treatment every now and then. I hardly get those mid shaft breaks where it just cleanly just snaps off without any split end frays. But when I do get them I always think where the heck did I go wrong? 

But hey, why would I pass up on thick and strong hair other than the fear of not being able to handle it? Just one ingredient really struck me hard...alcohol. Plus its one of the first 5 ingredients in the stuff so that only means my hair might get dry and I have been trying to get lusciously soft locks for a good while now. Will it spoil the work I have done? I hope not. Will it make my scalp dry? Oh sweet baby Jesus I hope not. That's the last thing I want right now because that's the issue that is taking the longest to clear up. 

I have only been using it for this week and so far it has been a good substitute for mouse. I had read a couple reviews where they said it makes the hair sticky if you apply it on dry hair so I have been applying it to damp hair, combing it and then blow drying as I normally do. I do feel it gives some lift and body but I also feel that a week of use will never get you were the product promises. So I will keep on trying it out and give an update when I feel it is necessary. So yes, I did notice a difference in my hair but not enough to give you any conclusive results can be made just yet. maybe I will use it for a couple more weeks before I schedule a hair appointment with my hairdresser and see if she notices a difference in the thickness of my hair. 

So that's it for now! I f you have any questions feel free to comment down below or contact me via email if you prefer. I do love fan mail and enjoy reading any comments you leave behind! 
XOX



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!