Sunday, June 8, 2014

Peripera Lip Tint in Cherry Juice - Benetint Dupe

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

I just bought this today but have had my eye on this little baby for months now. This is the Peri's Tint Water from the Korean beauty line Peripera. When I bought my lipstick this is one of the items that had caught my eye as I have been looking for a good lip tint. I had swatched it on the back of my hand and it miraculously stayed on all day even through a hand washing and was really impressed. I saw it again in a little store in Little Tokyo but...ended up not buying it for some stupid reason I cannot remember. 


There are a couple other colors in the line including a pink and even orange one but I decided to go for something a bit more on the classic side of things. This color is called Cherry Juice and is a super bright deep red. 

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

Uhh...someone please translate? Peripera is a Korean beauty line which doesn't seem to be very popular or well know because I asked my coworker who is Korean and loves Korean beauty/skin products herself but she had no clue about the brand. I myself have found it by dumb luck. 

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

I really love the little cartoon girls that are on all the bottles and it just makes the whole feeling of putting it on a fun experience. It's cute without feeling childish to me. maybe if I was a bit older it might be an issue but then I think nah...I like feeling like a kid. As for the bottle itself, the top is made from plastic and the bottom is a nice sturdy glass. 

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

The wand is a little short but I really like how it has a doe toe. i feel it soaks up more liquid than a brush would so I don't have to work very hard to get good color payoff. The nubbyness of the wand isn't a deal breaker because any little bits at the bottom could probably be shaken and soaked up into the toe. I just really hope my theories are true. 

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

Now for what you've been waiting for...the comparison of the Peri tint and Benetint. I had been looking forward to trying out Benefit's Benetint for years. Yes, I said years. Ever since I was in middle/high school I had wanted it for all my own. My mom at the time would not let me have makeup and was not willing to risk having the precious liquid snatched away from me as my previous stashes of makeup had been. It was also too expensive as I would have to squirrel away portions of my lunch money for at least a month or two to buy it. Then when I subscribed to Birchbox I got it in my first box. I was overjoyed at the tiny magical potion bottle that promised to stain my lips the prefect red color. I applied and was totally disgusted as it clung to my lips in uneven patches and in less than fives minutes of just talking most of it had disappeared into nothing. That was the most devastating day in my makeup buying life. 

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

As you can see, Peri's Lip Tint is a deeper darker red and doesn't smear or disappear before I get a chance to blend it in. they bloth bleed like nobody's business so care must be taken to not over do it close to the edge of your lips. Also remember, it's best to use a lip scrub before using any lip stain or it will cling to any dry patches you have.   

peri's lip tint water, benefit dupe

Once blended in the Peritint keeps it's vibrancy and stays on much longer than Benetint ever could on me. As for the color comparison of each, Peritint looks more like a tomato red while Benetint seems more pinky red to me. Both are pretty but the Peritint is just more practical. I bought mine for $13 at a little store called Maneki Neko in the mall but have found it at another store, might be the same store but I can't remember, in Little Tokyo. So if you have any little Asian beauty/skin care stores popping up around you just take a peek inside because you just might find these or something even better. You can also purchase it online starting at about $8 a pop but it ships from out of the U.S. and the only place that ships within the U.S. is Urban Outfitters but they only have the cherry juice, orange juice, and mandarin juice colors but not the candy juice color. 

So there you have it! Overall I think the Peri's Lip Tint Water is just a better option for me as it has a better color payoff, it's cheaper, and small enough to carry in my purse or a small bag for touch ups. i f you have any other recommendations for other lip stains let me know, I am always looking for some good ones. 









3 comments:

  1. Looks nice, but probably a bit too dark for my liking xx www.emilybelleblogs.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe a bit too vibrant for some but works well as a lighter and less fussy alternative to my favorite matte red lip for summer. :) thanks for reading! <3

      Delete
  2. reminds me of the comparisons I've been making between two old liquid rouges I've got samples of from an etsy store called LBCC Historical Cosmetics. The Peritint looks closer to the Turkish Rouge that LBCC offers. It's a very red tint, though it doesn't go on as strongly as that does. It also has a very vinegar flavor to it, but it is a very pretty hue. The other, the one I prefer, called Liquid Bloom of Roses, looks like Benetint. It's a red-pink and it smells like roses and is buildable.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!