Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Autumn Tag

I have been out for the past 2 weeks because the place has been a mess and things are barely getting back on track but now we are heading out to New York for my very first time ever and I still have to pack. I am thinking of doing a "what's in my travel makeup bag" type post and will share some photos from my trip. I have also received my new sewing machine and will be making some new throw pillows for the couches and I rally want to post the end result if it turns out good. I decided to participate in this tag because I really love fall and thought you'd like to see a sneak peek into what I like and whatnot. I was tagged by Shiraz of http://misunderstoodprincesses.blogspot.com/


Favorite thing about autumn ?

Finally being able to use the oven. I really love to bake even though I don't usually eat what I bake, strange I know! On my "to bake" list is a lemon thyme loaf, banana bourbon nut bread, chocolate chip cookies, any scones, Russian tea cakes, biscotti, anything that requires cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves in it because I'm really obsessed with those Flavors at the moment, I'll try one more time to make a pie completely from scratch, and definitely a whole dang chicken. I'll eat the chicken, all of it because that's how delicious I make it. I also love boots and blazers. That should have been my blog name lol you can take it if you want it though! 

Favorite drink ? 

Mulled wine, apple cider both hot and cold, and coffee. I just tried a recipe out for hot buttered rum with pumpkin and that was too good for words. 

Favorite scent/candle ?

I love getting the candles that smell like a fireplace and anything apple and cinnamon. I've also been hoarding the scent summer wish from yankee candle and I think I'll start burning that again. 

Favorite lipstick ? 

Right now I have two favorites but each one has it's place. If I'm going for a smokey eye I will apply NYX lipstick in the color Doll because for me it looks like a "my lips but better" type of color. It's perfect for day, night, work or play. My other favorite is the Red Velvet Velvetine from Lime Crime. I love matte lipsticks and this one is super matte without over drying and smudge proof until you get gloss or eat something super greasy or soupy. I really never thought a "blue based red" would make a red lipstick believer out of me but this surely did and cant wait to venture there a little more. 

Go-to moisturizer ?

I use SPF on my face year round because  I have issues with acne scars and I don't need them getting darker. My go to that I've been using for almost 3 years now is the Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer. It moisturizes without being oily on my combo skin and I slather it all on my neck too because I don't want to look like a chicken when I'm old. I'm still looking for a suitable eye cream and day cream. Yes, day cream for under my sunscreen because I really don't want wrinkles. 

Fave go-to color for your eyes ?

I love my naked pallet and for a more classic smokey eye I use the Love in Rio trio in No tan Lines Allowed from NYX. But for this fall I'm on the hunt for the perfect forest/emerald green. 

Favorite music to listen to ? 

Anything from Lana Del Rey or The Smiths and This song from The Kooks

Favorite outfit to wear ? 

Skirt or dress with black stockings, cute flats, and a blazer or cardigan. It never gets too cold during the fall in LA. Or on a lazy day I'll wear my thrifted red flannel shirt with leggings and boots. 

Autumn treat ?

Apple cider! New black boots! Heavy black cat eyed liner! Red and purple lips! Those will be my treats for myself this fall. 

Favorite place to be ? 

At home, watching my favorites shows or a classic movie while crafting or blogging. If its really cold my favorite place will be the kitchen making dinner or baked treats. On a Saturday or Sunday I think a coffee shop would be great to sit around in and people watch. 

Okay, so that's it! All done! Now here comes the hard part because I really feel so awkward about tagging anyone but here it goes...

Spohie Rose of  http://www.sophierosee.com/




And because I am feeling a little ballsy from my wine I choose YOU Estee of http://www.essiebutton.com/

So there you have it! I feel sorta awkward writing now after my hiatus but I'm sure I will get my head above water again. Hopefully you enjoyed my very first tag and hopefully I will get tagged for a different one. Let me know if you do decide to take part in the tag because I like reading other's responses. 






3 comments:

  1. Autumn really is the best season! I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award :) More details are on my blog post http://teaandpost.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-versatile-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing it! So I'm tagging you for the Liebster Award now!! Check it out on my blog!

    misunderstoodprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!