Friday, August 23, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Limited Edition Jewel of an Eye pallet

 I really can't wait for fall right now, it really hasn't been a hot end of summer to me. Or maybe I'm just crazy and don't realize how hot it is because I am cooped up in an office for most of the day. Or maybe I just cannot wait to wear all the blazers I got from the second hand store. Either way, I crave something with a little more oomph and just something that reminds me of my favorite season. I can't wait to play around with these colors. 


The front. This is my first Sonia Kashuk pallet by the way. 

The back


 These browns are really pretty and are more of a satin sheen than a glitter to me. Not quite a shimmer and I believe these three by themselves would make a lovely daytime date smokey eye.

The middle Burgandy color is something I have been craving to use for awhile now. I can't wait to use this in a new look. I really wouldn't know exactly what to do with it or where I could wear it but just the fact that I get to try something new and out of my comfort zone is exciting for me. 

I have been reeeeeeaaaalllllllyyyyyy wanting to do a kind of green smokey eye and I believe this is the color I have been looking for all summer long. Now all I need to do is find a chubby green eyeshadow stick or regular emerald green eyeliner to achieve the look I want. 

I love purple, it is my favorite color and honestly I am clueless on how to not make it look like I got punched in the face when I wear it. Maybe they are just the wrong purples? Maybe it is because I never had the right tools? Or maybe I just suck at anything other than a traditional smokey eye??? I will see if I can acheive something pretty and not something that screams "domestic abuse". -__-


So hopefully you enjoyed my swatches and comments from the peanut gallery on the new Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow. I really wasn't expecting much because it is still a drugstore brand but a pretty pricey one at that. I got this for $20  bucks but I was reading that other got it for $16. So they might be in a different part of the country or got a  coupon or sale I didn't know about. But I guess prices can be regional and things are more expensive over here compared to other parts of the US but at $20 divided by 12 shadows is about 1.67 per shadow so its not that bad. So now its time to sit and deiced if I should get those limited edition brushes as well....hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!