Saturday, March 8, 2014

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo Review

herbal essences naturals dry shampoo

I have been trying to rehab my hair from some of the damages it suffered and dry shampoos have become my best friend. When I saw the new Herbal Essences Naked line and they finally had a dry shampoo for me to try I snatched it right up so I could try it. 

herbal essences naturals dry shampoo

This particular dry shampoo is supposed to take away the greasiness of second day hair with tapioca and has a nice fresh citrus and mint scent. I think My favorite part was the scent of it because it was fresh and not too heavy of a perfume scent. It was perfect and fresh and...I wish I liked the way the  actual product worked. This was a complete disappointment on my end and I was really rooting for it to work well. It must be the tapioca in the formula because it gets this slick grimy feeling like there are beads of the product in your hair. That is the best way I can describe it. It just feels so strange and weird it's just...I don't get it. On top of this texture issue in my hair I felt that a lot of product had to be used to really soak up all the oils. I had it for only 2 weeks and went through almost half a can of it. At $5.99 a bottle per month even if I did like it is a bit pricey when compared to my HG Suave for $5.99 for a 2 pack and lasts a good few months each. 

Overall, I really wanted to like this but I feel the effectiveness  of it isn't very good. Also, the product, even though on the lower price range, is pricey because you have to use more of it to even work a little bit. The pros of it actually smelling nice and fresh and the packaging is very pretty and minimalist it just doesn't compensate for the cons at all and would never repurchase it unless they changed the formula. 

Have you tried this product yet? Hopefully it works for someone else out there because otherwise this is just another one to toss in the reject bin. 

XOX
Veritypretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!