Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette in Light

sonia kashuk, hidden agenda concealer palette, concealer

I have been coveting this concealer palette from Sonia Kashuk  for almost a year now and have been putting it off thinking that it was maybe a little pricey for a drugstore item. But then recently something in me changed. I just realized that I have been using the same concealer for ages and thought it might be a good time for a change. I have never really used a cream based concealer and usually stick to something a bit more liquid like the L'Oreal Lumienne eye brightener. As for actual concealers that cover dark spots, They do not exist in my makeup repertoire. I just always seem to go for something that will just act as an eye brightener. 

sonia kashuk, hidden agenda concealer palette, concealer


sonia kashuk, hidden agenda concealer palette, concealer

I decided that maybe this one was the one to convert me as the gals from Eleventhgorgeous liked it and I had seen some other good reviews on Makeup Alley and various other blogs. This comes with three different colors for various concealing needs and one powder to set them. I got the light color option even though I am a light to medium skin tone color with neutral undertones. I have no MAC color reference but I do know fo' sho that I am a perfect match of the N20 in Bare Minerals loose powder if that's might help you out some. I don't think my skin is as oily as it used to be but I do have some very fine lines under my eyes but nothing too drastic and when it gets hot I feel my eyes get a bit oily from sweat. 

sonia kashuk, hidden agenda concealer palette, concealer

I wore this under the tinted moisturizer from Sonia Kashuk and thought that it may have been a little too slippery to wear over this concealer. The color in the top right color in the quad seemed to be almost a perfect match for me to cover up any little spots I had. I think my favorite way to use the color is to brush it over my light brow growth for when I don't have time to get them done and then use a little loose powder foundation to set it. It really helped decrease the look of brow overgrowth and made me look polished. As for the lighter colors, I felt they really settled into my fine lines underneath my eyes. I really don't know what happened. I am almost too afraid to keep trying until I get it right. Or I have a theory that thick cream concealers are just not for my undereyes. 

Overall I like that I did find a color match for my skin in concealer form which for me has been my life's mission but for under eye concealer I don't think I will be reaching for this very often. I think I will try it again during winter when I get a drier winter skin. Would I repurchase? Maybe, it just depends on if I can find another concealer that matches me and has the same consistency. But to drop $10 on a quad to only be able to use 1 color doesn't seem very worth it to me. I think this quad is definitely better suited towards someone that isn't a normal/oily skin combo. If I do develop feeling towards this I will give you an update. 

XOX
Veritypretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!