Thursday, May 16, 2013

Softymo, a review of the moisturizing formula

I believe the best thing about living here in LA "adjacent" area (the SGV to be precise) is the variety of ethnic backgrounds meshing and melting together to create the awesome variety that I have access to on a daily basis.

So on a recent trip to little Tokyo in DTLA I happened to stop in on a beauty store filled with tons of face soaps, lotions and potions from Japan. A little overwhelmed with the brand variety I settled on getting a face wash by the brand Softymo.

This is a description I found for the product

"Softymo Mineral Wash is a drugstore Japanese cleansing foam that gently cleanses skin using 12 natural minerals for healthy skin aimed at women in their 20s.

It contains a blend of 12 minerals and moisturizing ingredients to removes impurities from the pores while absorbing excess sebum without damaging skin’s natural barrier. 3 types are available to suit all skin types and needs:

-Regular type, for normal or combination skin, has a mild moisturizing formula that leaves skin feeling smooth and refreshed. Natural Floral Scent

-Moisturize Rich, for dry skin, has a creamy foam that is blended with moisturizing oils to gently cleanse and moisturize skin. Relaxing Floral Scent

-Scrub In, for oily or congested skin, features an oil-free formulation with micro-fine scrubbing particles deep clean skin and pores. Refreshing Floral Scent"


I purchased the moisture rich even though I don't have problems with dry skin but I have a problem with face washes drying out my combo skin. I've been using the brand since late April and I think I've developed an opinion on the product.

I would not describe the scent as floral at all but as a fresh grapefruit scent. It's a nice scent that brightens me up in the morning. The texture is very creamy and a little bit goes a long way. I've noticed since its so creamy I have to use a little more water for a good lather. Rinsing it off reveals soft moisturized and clean skin that looks brighter and healthy.

I love how it doesn't leave that "squeak" on my skin which isn't a sign of cleanliness but a sign of how my skin will react later. When I get the squeaky clean feeling it just means my skin has just been dried out and my t zone is gonna freak the heck out, get super oily and I'm going to get stubborn forehead pimples. Those buggers can last for a week or more.

So my verdict is, I like this product and will definitely repurchase. At 6.99 plus tax this is a great buy because I don't have to use a ton of product to get a good lather. Plus the store is right across the way from the best shabu shabu in little Tokyo and less than a minute walk from Pinkberry. An all around win for me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!