Monday, July 22, 2013

Subscription box I am not subscribed to - popsugar must have

I really really love my subscription boxes. It's like Christmas but for grown ups every month. It's like real Christmas in a way, the day comes where lo and behold we find a box addressed to you in the mail. You knew this day was coming and have been eagerly anticipating it all month. You tear open the package, almost tearing off a nail in the process. You take that first initial small peek then you gawk at what you got.

Just like Christmas you may have gotten that one thing you've been wanting or maybe you got the equivalent of getting socks and a tacky sweater. The better the boxes seem to be the more you believe that it's an awesome thing you're getting. If you're getting not so great items you'll never use in your life you stop believing in Santa and you immediately unsubscribe.

So far I have only unsubscribed to one box and that one being birchbox. It was my first, and thankfully it wasn't my last subscription I tried out. I've since moved on to Glossybox, Ipsy and Julep. I have been pretty excited about all of the products they've sent and have been well worth the money to me. One I have not set my hands on but have been meaning to is the Popsugar Must Have Box. It's $35 a month and is more of a lifestyle type mystery box. Every time I see the reveal I kick myself for not getting it.

This month I'm kicking myself because I really wanted those perfect ice cube trays for my cocktails, nail polish, necklace, tea and delectable snacks.
Who can forget last months beauty blender, hat and cocktail mixers were freaking awesome things they sent. And I'm dying over the corkatoo wine corker they gave awhile back too. I'm still freakishly obsessed!

But it's $35 bucks...what if I'm disappointed? What if I get stuff I really don't want? That's a lot of money to spend on things I could be disappointed about. I can easily send myself to target and buy some lipgloss and a sundress for that much money. I could stock up on st Ives apricot scrub. I could buy an anti aging eye cream. Or I can put in in savings for a rainy day. But every month I kick myself because I'm missing out on all this awesome stuff.

What do you think? Do you subscribe to Popsugar and do you like it? Did you stop believing in the Popsugar Santa? Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!