Friday, July 26, 2013

Attention all Los Angeles/South Los Angeles thrifters!

I've been thrifting since I was a wee youngin' going with my mom for affordable clothes. For me it's a completely normal thing to do. I didn't need hipsters or a song to make me think "Hey, that oversized blazer looks cool.". We grew up poor, my dad was out of work and on food stamps poor. Barely able to afford rent poor.

So for me going to salvation army, goodwill and indie thrift stores was a completely normal thing. It's already a good deal finding almost new skirts and shirts for $4-$6 and $10 blazers. That's a pretty damn good deal already if you ask me. what I've stumbled upon by accident though is wickedly amazeballs. A $2 all clothing sale. You heard me right. $2 skirts, shirts, dresses, pants, jackets, coats, leather jackets, shorts. For TWO DOLLARS. They had the same sale sometime last month. I went crazy and went past my $30 limit by two measly dollars but it was well spent on a shirt for the boyfriend. This time I was under my budget of $20.

I wasn't even aware of the sale until I stopped in during my lunch hour yesterday. I was on a mission to acquire more stripped shirts and button ups and overheard they were having the sale again. So I scoured the racks hoping to eyeball some items that I hoped to still be there but wouldn't be too disappointed if I couldn't relocate them but bought items I would regret that day.

Came back, found my items plus some that were freshly put out and a couple more silly shirts for le boyfriend. Overall a good day for popping tags.

If you still want to get your hands on some great items on the cheap the sale continues tomorrow with stores opening up at 9am. The sale is only for south Los Angeles area goodwills but is a good enough deal to trek a good 15 miles for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!