Monday, January 6, 2014

Front desk essentials


Working at the front desk of an office can  be rewarding sometimes but other times you want to scream and pull your hair out. One definite things that makes my pull hair is the state of my cuticles from all the filing and cold mornings. The paper really can suck the moisture out of your hands and fast! Just imagine each paper is an oil blotting sheet sucking all life from your cuticles. It's not very pretty. 



So I have been revisiting an old favorite beauty product of mine to remedy this issue. Introducing Smith's Rosebud Salve! It's a nice smooth jelly formula that works for lips, cuticles, diaper rashes, detergent burns and blemishes. I must admit I haven't worn a diaper in years and cannot tell you how well it works for that application but it's a real help with being my secret little multi tasker. I really love how I can get a nice sized glob of it on my fingers then apply to my chapped lips then be able to use the excess to rub into my cuticles. Along with it comes a nice light rose scent and a light glossy look that doesn't make it look like I ate a whole bucket of fried chicken. 

I would say it is a comparable texture to the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (which isn't a cream, it's a jelly. Go figure!) but with a better scent to it. I will say I think the 8 hour creams formula feels thicker and lasts a bit longer on the skin but the Smith's Salve is a bargain at $6 for a .8 oz tin and has just a cute all around vintage feel to the packaging. 

So if you're in the market for a good desk multitasker I think this would fit the bill. Does anyone else out there have any great desk job beauty tips and favorites out there to share? Or maybe a similar post because I'd really love to see! 

Until next time lovelies 
XOX 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!