Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Olay fresh effects BB cream first impression

I have recently signed up for influenster in March and am glad to announce that I have received my first box box! I received the sun kissed box which included high heel gel insoles from Dr. Scholls, sinful colors new gel shine nail polish, goody hair ties and the new BB cream from Olay available in stores now.

I was most excited to try the BB cream out of all the products so I gave it a whirl this morning. The packaging is really nice, clean, fresh and overall younger looking as opposed to the rest of their products. This product comes in a decent looking squeeze tube. I really don't mind a squeeze tube as it uses less plastic and makes it less bulky. I know others might prefer a pump but for me it isn't a deal breaker.

Then, applying it I already noticed that it was one shade lighter than my natural skin tone. for me that's no biggie because then I could use it for undereyes...but no. That wouldn't even be possible at all. Trying to blend it on my skin I found it instantly disappeared! I'm all for light coverage but this was ridiculous. There was absolutely nothing covering any bit of imperfections. On top of that I found it made my skin look oily. I felt like an instant oil slick and the feeling didn't disappear through the day and I even set it with powder like I do with all foundations and bb creams. I just wanted to wash my face it was so bad. The funniest thing about this is that the formula is oil free. What a fail.

So now I have a useless product taking up precious real estate. It makes me look so oily I can't even use it as a sunscreen under my normal makeup routine which is a shame because it offers a decent SPF of 35. Overall, it just didn't sit well with me and I Definitely wouldn't reccomend anyone who has any color in their skin to use it and it's not for anyone who has anything but dry skin. The shade selection is very limited with shades made only for "super pale" to "pale but not too pale" skin. Thanks for excluding the rest of us Olay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!